Retreat

Let me tell you of a place,
where ever so often i can lose myself,
where i can sit back, and
bask in the blessings of the earth,
and count the stars,
as i stare tearfully into the night.

Let me tell you of the oceans song,
that lulls me to sleep, and
the hymns of the soft salty breeze,'
that wakes me from my slumber.

Let me tell you of the soft warm sand,
and the sensations between my toes, OH
how the gentle breeze on my bare chest,
chases away the pain of a broken heart.

Let me take you to a haven,
a shelter during the storms of my life,
a refuge in times of uncertainty,
my place of worship,
my little corner of solitude,
a vast plane of tearful memories,
my own little corner of the world.


“Retreat” by Carlos de la Fuente
Published in Philippine Graphic Magazine
Poetry Section, January 29, 2007

Followers